As we age, dramatic changes in our skeletal systems seem to happen overnight. The spine, in particular, can undergo transformations due to illness, injury or degeneration that can decrease mobility and limit our participation in activities we enjoy. Chiropractic care for seniors has proven to be able to restore and renew, giving aging spines a new lease on life. Though chiropractic care through every stage of life has its benefits, never is regular chiropractic care as important as it is in our golden years.
Research supports chiropractic care for seniors
Research reveals some impressive findings about the connection between health, vitality and independence and regular chiropractic care for seniors. In a recent study, of the 414 participants with an average age of 80, the following results clearly support chiropractic care for the aging:
- Study participants who received regular chiropractic adjustments were more likely to engage in more strenuous, heart-healthy exercise than those who did not receive chiropractic adjustments.
- 48% of non-chiropractic study participants were admitted to nursing homes within three years of the study compared to only 5% of those in the chiropractic group!
Chiropractic care benefits us as we age
Chiropractic care for the aging and elderly offers a long list of proven benefits that help improve quality of life, enhance overall health and increase a sense of well-being:
- Back pain relief
- Reduced joint stiffness and muscle spasms
- Improved flexibility and range-of-motion
- Reduction in inflammation and arthritis flare-ups
- Better balance
- Lower risk of injury from falls
Research proves it, but only those who have experienced it can truly attest to the positive difference chiropractic care can make in our lives as we age. Eating right, exercising, getting plenty of rest and avoiding toxins and pollutants are all healthy choices that take considerable time, commitment and effort. Chiropractic care offers a wide range of advantages and benefits, and yet it is as simple and easy as it is effective! Effortless, affordable, nurturing and enjoyable: chiropractic care is the gentle, natural, health-enhancing treatment every senior should enjoy as part of their wellness plan to stay active and feel fantastic, no matter their age!
Nothing gives us greater joy than helping our senior patients achieve optimal health and vitality through gentle, safe and effective chiropractic care. Talk to our friendly and knowledgeable staff to learn more about the benefits of chiropractic care through every stage of life.